Wanna know how the internet hops? Can you answer these questions?
- Why can you pause and skip around in video streams?
- What makes an HTTPS connection secure?
- How does your browser load a website so quickly, even when that website is hosted hundreds of miles away?
Either way, you’re in luck. We at bunny.net are pleased to announce our new knowledge base: Bunny Academy. At Bunny Academy, you can learn about the internet straight from the bunnies and our partners at the University of Ljubljana.
In the past couple of decades, internet use has skyrocketed. As of 2022, the ITU estimates that there are 5.3 billion internet users, but most lack critical information communication technology (ICT) skills (source). That means the average internet user knows how to use the internet for basic tasks, like email and social media, but doesn’t understand how the internet works.
At bunny.net, our mission is to make the internet hop faster. We believe that mission obligates us to help teach people how the internet works. So, for the past year, we’ve been working behind the scenes with the computer science faculty at the University of Ljubljana to build a free, interactive, fun, free knowledge base where you can learn all about the internet. Not only is it free, but if you show subject mastery, we’ll pay you!
Learn about the internet
No matter your knowledge level, there’s always more to learn. Bunny Academy features over 90 articles about:
- Networking: how computers send information to each other.
- HTTP: the protocol computers use to send information over the World Wide Web.
- DNS: the system that connects IP addresses with domain names.
- CDN: how content delivery networks work.
- Cybersecurity: network threats and how to stop them.
- Streaming: how computers send constant information.
- Compression: how computers and servers make big files manageable.
- Computing and Storage: how computers parse, translate, and store information.
Follow along at your own pace and learn about the stuff you want to know. When you’re finished, you can take a quiz to help solidify what you’ve learned.
We’re also planning to continue building this knowledge base for years to come. If you want to know anything that isn’t in Bunny Academy, just leave us a comment in our feedback form.
Test your knowledge
Once you feel confident in your knowledge, come test your knowledge with our quizzes. You can quiz yourself on whichever subjects you want, at whichever difficulty level you’re comfortable with. Choose between two difficulty levels:
- Junior: Best for networking newbies.
- Master: For when you really know your stuff.
There’s no cap on how many times you can try the quiz, no time limit, and no pressure.
Get paid to learn
We believe knowledge should be open and free - because a more technologically literate internet is a better internet.
Most companies charge you to learn, but we want to pay you! If you complete either of our quizzes with a score of 90% or higher, we’ll give you a coupon code to use on any service on bunny.net. That includes Bunny Storage, Bunny CDN, Bunny Optimizer, and anything we offer to help your website hop faster.
If you pass our Junior quiz, you’ll earn $10 off. For the Master quiz, you’ll earn $20 off. Plus, you’ll get a super cute, personalized diploma to commemorate your success.
About our partner
To ensure we brought you high-quality content, we partnered with the computer science faculty at the University of Ljubljana. Doctor David Jelenic, who teaches computer science, contributed numerous articles about computer networking, web development, and security. He says he is particularly excited to share his writing about real-time applications:
“I think that real-time web applications are something that have not reached their full potential. I am excited to see web applications that use real-time capabilities to push user experience even further.”
Keep an eye out
Once you finish our master course, stick around, because we’re not done yet. We’ve got exciting plans to expand Bunny Academy for years to come.
Some cool things we want to add:
- More articles: because there’s always something new to learn.
- Video content: in case you prefer to listen.
- Bite-sized summaries: great for a quick reference if you forget the difference between TCP and UDP.
Plus, we’ve always got an ear out for feedback. If you think our articles are helpful, want to learn about something specific, or think of something we can improve, leave us a comment in our feedback form.
Until then, we’re going to keep making the internet hop.
Help us make the internet hop faster!
At bunny.net, we're ambitious about making the internet hop faster, and freeing up knowledge is part of building a better internet experience for everyone.
If you're a fantastic writer, great with technology, and want to help build our knowledge base, check out our careers page! We'd love to have you on the team.